Урок в 6 классе по учебнику Т.Б.Клементьевой
По теме « Достопримечательности Лондона»
Создание условий для реализации возможности попробовать себя в качестве гида.
5. Динамическая зарядка
6. Грамматические и лексические задания
7. Подведение итогов урока
I. Фонетическая зарядка
Tower of London Regent s Park
Covent Garden Hyde Park
Buckingham Palace St James Park
Tower Bridge Museums
The National Gallery The British Museum
The Thames The National Museum
Trafalgar Square The Thames
Piccadilly Circus Big Ben
London Zoo Westminster Abbey
St. Paul s Cathedral
The Houses of Parliament
5. Do you like to live in the village or in the
6. Would you like to visit London?
7. Is London a city or a town?
8. What would you like to see in London?
Up and down, up and down,
Which is the way to London town?
Up in the air,
Close your eyes –
And you are there!
1. What kind of city is London?
2. How old is it?
3.What is London famous for?.
4.Where is Nelson s Column?
5.What building is the home of the Queen Elizabeth?
6.What is the seat of the British Government?
7. Who is the architect of St.Paul s Cathedral?
The Tower of London
Changing the Guard
The Tate Gallery
The Museum of Childhood
Madam Tussaud s Museum
The British Museum
The Houses of Parliament
II.Say what haven t you seen or visited in London
The British Museum, the Houses of Parliament, Trafalgar square, Oxford Street, Westminster Abbey, St. Paul's Cathedral, Tower Bridge, Piccadilly, Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park , the Kremlin,
Connect the names of the places with the facts
Hyde Park Is famous for its reading room
The Tower of London Was built by Sir Christopher
Buckingham Palace Is the best place for shopping
The British Museum Is a clock and a tower
Oxford Street Used to be a fortress, a zoo, a prison, royal palace.
Albert Hall in London. Is a famous concert hall
St. Paul's Cathedral Is a good place to rest on a hot summer day
Big Ben Is the residence of the Queen
^ . Listen to the following texts and say what is it about
1. You can see it from the river Thames. It’s very old. This place has a long and cruel history. It isn’t just one building. It has a history of blood – the blood of men, women and children. Now the Kings and the Queens of Britain don’t live there. (...........)
2. It’s the place where British kings and queens live when they are in London. When the Queen is inside you can see the flag over it. Important visitors often go to this place. They meet Queen Elizabeth and the royal family there. A lot of tourists go to visit this place. They stand outside and see the Changing of the Guard. (............)
3. They stand beside the river Thames. You can also see them from Westminster Abbey. The country’s leaders speak at this place. The famous clock Big Ben stands near them. (..........)
4. It’s one of the famous bridges across the Thames. It was built in 1894. It’s next to the Tower of London. It opens and ships go up and down the river Thames. (.......)
5. This park is the property of the royal family. It is famous for its outdoor entertainments and its Speaker’s Corner. On a Sunday morning you can make a speech about something you believe to be very important. (.......)6. It’s a place where different meetings take place. In the middle of this square there is Nelson Column. (...........)
Диалог для подготовки к домашнему заданию
A:You see,it is my first visit to London, and I like to see the town. Where would you recommend me to go in the first place?
B: Well, if I were you, I should go to Trafalgar Square. It is worth seeing. It has a world–wide fame.
A: Yes, you are right. I have seen Trafalgar Square on a postcard. It is really beautiful
2. to prepare a dialogue about London sightseeing tour