1. 1. Её бабушка очень хорошо вяжет. 2. Я могу ответить на вопросы. Они очень легкие. 3. Это путешествие слишком дорогое для меня. Я не могу его позволить. 4. Она умеет печатать. Она хорошо говорит по телефону. Она надеется, что она сможет найти работу, которую ищет. 5. Ты можешь пообедать со мной? - Мне жаль. Я не могу. 6. Майк очень быстро бегает. 7. Они понимают французский. 8. Катя хорошо говорит на английском. 9. Мой брат может прийти и помочь тебе в саду. 10. Ты говоришь на испанском?
2. 1. My sister can’t swim. 2. She can’t understand you. 3. Could you swim last year? 4. Could you help me? 5. I can’t translate this sentence. 6. Nobody could help me. 7. Where can I buy bread here? 8. Could your grandmother ski when she was young? – Yes, she can do it now.
3. She won’t be able to get to the airport on time. 2. Will you be able to send him e-mail tonight? 3. Will you be able to do this work tomorrow? 4. I think she won’t be able to solve this problem. 5. Tomorrow I’ll be free and I’ll be able to help you. 6. Shall we be able to go to New-York next year? 7. Will you be able to repair my tape-recorder? 8. Yesterday I couldn’t see the headmaster as he was at a conference, but today after work I’ll be able to do it. 9. He will be able to come only after seven. 10. He will not be able to learn so many words for two days. 11. Will you be able to write this letter in Japanese? 12. We were not able to get from Minsk to Berlin for eight hours. 13. She thinks that she will be able to find the road herself. 14. She will be able to lend you the money only in a week. 15. She was not be able to meet us at the station. 16. He will not be able to this salad himself.
4. 1. They will never be able to appreciate your kindness. 2. I was sure you would be able to translate that article after you had translated so many texts on physics. 3. You will be able to go to the country when you have passed your last examination. 4. We can pass to the next exercise when we have done this one. 5. I shall be able to give you my book for a couple of days after I have read it. 6. He has been able to ski for ten years. 7. We knew she had been able to swim since a child. 8. You won’t be able to take part in this serious sport competition until you have mastered good skills. 9. I hadn’t been able to solve this problem before he explained it to me.
5. 1. He can meet us at the airport. 2. He can cook dinner himself. 3. We can go to the cinema right now. 4. He can wash the dishes himself. 5. Could you tell me where the market is? 6. They couldn’t find the way out of the city. 7. He can deceive you. 8. We will be able to build a house for one year. 9. We could do this work yesterday. 10. Nobody can tell me why she didn’t come. 11. Can you see that house at the corner. 12. My English is not good but I was able to understand him. 13. I don’t think he will be able to lift this box. 14. Who can break this glass? – I don’t think that anybody will be able to do it, the glass is very thick. 15. She cannot understand what you mean. 16. Do you think I will be able to write a letter in Chinese myself?
6. 1. can, was not able to. 2. been able to. 3. be able to. 4. can, can’t. 5. can’t, will be able to. 6. can. 7. be able to. 8. been able to. 9. couldn’t. 10. to be able to. 11. could. 12. could (not). 13. can. 14. were able to. 15. could.
7. 1. be. 2. have got. 3. have done. 4. be. 5. have been. 6. have told. 7. have cancelled. 8. do. 9. have been. 10. have committed. 11. come. 12. have crashed.
8. He can’t have been at home at that time yesterday. 2.Can he have told you about it? 3. He could have called on them when he was in Moscow. 4. He could have done it but he didn’t want to. 5. Could he have refused to go there? 6. He can’t be sleeping now. 7. They can’t have left without saying Goodbye to us. 8. She can’t have answered you in such a way. 9. He could come tomorrow. 10. He can’t have collided with another car. He is such a careful driver. 11. He couldn’t have forgotten about his promise, I reminded him about it yesterday. 12. He could not read the book so quickly, it is too difficult for him. 13. They could have reached the top, but the weather prevented them from doing it. 14. They couldn’t get married, they are so different. 15. Can anybody have thought of his winning the match?
9. 1. Можно я позову Колю к нам? 2. Теперь вы можете идти. 3. Если ты сделал домашнее задание, можешь идти гулять. 4. Не ходи в лес один: ты можешь заблудиться. 5. Можно мне пойти на почту с Майком? 6. Можно, я возьму Петину сумку? 7. Не давайте вазу ребенку: он может разбить ее. 8. Можно делать записи карандашом? 9. Нельзя переходить улицу на красный свет. 10. Можно закрыть дверь? 11. Дождь перестал, и мама сказали, что мы можем выйти на улицу. 12. Можно детям играть с ножницами? 13. Они могут совершить путешествие и морем. Это, может быть, и дешевле, но на это потребуется много времени. 14. Возможно, это и правда. 15. Можно мне зайти к вам? 16. Могу я знать, где вы пропадали?
10. 1. If you don’t put on your coat, you may fall ill. 2. Don’t leave home: mother may come soon, and she has no key. 3. Be careful: you may fall. 4. Don’t touch the dog: it may bite you. 5. We may go to the country on Sunday. 6. He may forget about it. 7. It may start raining soon. 8. May I come in? 9. May I go for a walk? 10. If your work is ready, you may go home.
11. 1. Smoking is not allowed. 2. He wasn’t allowed to smoke in their house. 3. In Britain you will be allowed to drive a car if you are seventeen years old. 4. In the USA you are allowed to go on driving even at the age of 90. 5. I am allowed to use father’s tape-recorder. 6. The children are already big. They are allowed to go to school alone. 7. He is not allowed to bathe in this river. 8. Yesterday she was allowed to come home at ten o’clock. 9. We are not allowed to talk in class. 10. Were you allowed to take this book? 11. I was always allowed to come home late. 12. He was not allowed to buy such an expensive car. 13. The children will not be allowed to watch TV at night. 14. He is never allowed to walk for a long time outside. 15. He will not be allowed to go to the USA. He will not get a visa. 16. What are we allowed to do today? 17/ Who will be allowed to go to Riga?
12. 1. Under the law you may make one photocopy for your personal use but you can’t make multiple copies. 2. This may/might be the reason why they have refused to join us. 3. I may/might have to take her to hospital; she may/might have broken her arm in the accident. 4. He may/might not have had her phone number. 5. When the World Cup was shown on TV, I might stay up late and watch it. 6. Your friend may/ might help you, but I don’t believe it. 7. They may/might not have known that the problem was so urgent. 8. May I smoke here? 9. You might have come! I needed your help badly. 10. She may/might have made a mistake, but I am not sure of it. She is a very punctual person.
13. 1.can 2. may. 3. may. 4. can, can, can. 5. may. 6. may. 7. can. 8. can, may.
14. 1. might have warned. 2. may/might start. 3. can/ could not have heard. 4. may/might not have heard. 5. can/could not have noticed. 6. may/might not have noticed. 7. may. 8. may/might not have heard. 9. can/could not have heard, could. 10. may. 11. may. 12. might have helped. 13. can/could … have said
15. 1a, 2c, 3a, 4c, 5d, 6c
16. 1. Не беспокойся! Это неважно – Неважно! Ты, должно быть, шутишь! 2. Он никогда не опаздывает на работу. Он, должно быть, проспал сегодня. 3. Вы не должны спорить с боссом. 4. Она должна прекратить столько есть, и ей надо похудеть. 5. Вы должны прекратить курить! Если вы этого не сделаете, то когда-нибудь у вас будут серьезные проблемы с легкими. 6. Вы должны упорно работать над вашим английским. 7. Вы должны выучить слова. 8. Мы должны выучить стихотворение сегодня? 9. Должно быть, очень трудно учить китайский язык. 10. Вы не должны разговаривать на уроках.
17. 1. He must be very tired. 2. They even have a yacht. They must be very rich. 3. Must you leave tomorrow morning? 4. You mustn’t be late. 5. I mustn’t forget about my mother. I haven’t written to her for ages. I must write her a letter tonight. 6. This book is very valuable. You mustn’t lose it. 7. Must you go so soon? 8. I must admit that I am wrong. 9. I must work hard at my English. 10. You must listen to the teacher attentively at the lesson. 11. You must learn these words. 12. It must be difficult to speak Japanese. 13. Everyone must go to school. 14. Don’t call him. He must be busy. 15. I must go to him. 16. She must do it today. 17. We must be at the station at seven o’clock. 18. We mustn’t be late. 19. Who must do it? 20. Must we go to work every day? 21. You must not do this if you don’t want.
18. 1. study 2. be studying 3. have studied 4. have been studying 5. have been taking 6. be 7. be 8. think 9. be thinking 10. have written 11. be playing 12. have understood 13. be staying 14.have got 15 have met
19. 1. Я не написал сочинение. Мне придется писать его в воскресенье. 2. Нам не пришлось покупать печенье, потому что бабушка испекла прекрасный пирог. 3. Тебе придется завтра рано вставать? 4. Мне пришлось делать очень много домашних заданий вчера. 5. Ей пришлось остаться дома, потому что она себя неважно чувствовала. 6. Пете пришлось остаться дома, потому что было очень холодно. 7. Майку пришлось писать это упражнение в школе, потому что он не сделал этого дома. 8. Им пришлось вызвать врача, потому что бабушка была больна. 9. Почему тебе пришлось остаться дома вчера? – Потому что родителей не было дома, и мне пришлось присматривать за маленькой сестрой. 10. Вчера было воскресенье, поэтому ему незачем было быть на работе, но по дому ему пришлось много потрудиться.
20. 1. Hope, we will not have to talk about it again. 2. She had to do this again. 3. Kate often has to go to the shop. 4. I had to cal him again. 5. We will have to divide the apple into four parts. 6. Will you have to stay at work till six? 7. You will have to talk to her about this problem again. 8. We forgot to buy milk and we had to go to the shop. 9. I had to get up early yesterday. 10. Why did you have to go there?
21. 1. Нам надо было добраться туда раньше остальных. 2. Он должен был сказать ей, где нас найти. 3. Она должна была закончить институт в этом году. 4. Она должна была быть в этом платье на выпускном вечере. 5. Он должен прийти сюда в пять часов. 6. Поезд отправлялся в пять-пятнадцать. 7. Мне предстояло ждать её на вокзале. 8. Мы собирались пойти в кино в тот день. 9. Они должны были выступать в понедельник. 10. Они договорились, что он будет звонить, как только она будет вне опасности.
22. 1. We are to have five lessons of the English language this month. 2. The train is to come at six. 3. Who is to meet Sasha? 4. And what am I to do now? 5. Is he to come at seven? 6. She was to finish school last year. 7. He was to start this Monday. 8. Who is to do it? 9. He is to give the book back to the library at the end of the year. 10. The lessons are to begin at eight o’clock. 11. They are to get married in June. 12. The concert was to take place yesterday.
23. 1. were, had 2. is 3. is 4. am, are, are 5. are 6. have 7. had 8. shall have 9.was 10. are
24. 1. must 2. will have to 3. must 4. had to 5. had to 6. was to 7. were to, had to 8. must 9. is to 10. must 11. had to 12. will not have to 13. will not have to 14. are to 15. are to
25. 1a, 2b, 3c, 4c, 5a, 6c, 7a, 8a, 9b, 10a
26. 1. Вы не можете прочесть так много книг. 2. Вам не надо читать так много книг. 3. Коля не может пойти в школу сегодня. 4. Коля может не ходить в школу сегодня. 5. Они не могут перевести эту статью. 6. Им не надо переводить эту статью. 7. Моя сестра не может написать это письмо: она очень занята. 8. Моей сестре не надо писать это письмо: я позвоню им. 9. Она не может купить хлеб. 10. Она может не покупать хлеб.
27. 1. We have got plenty of time to spare, and we needn’t to hurry. 2. You needn’t to do it now. You can do it tomorrow. 3. She needn’t to help. Everything has been already done. 4. He needn’t to have sold his piano. 5. You needn’t to have shouted at the child like that. 6. Now they can’t sleep. They needn’t to have watched this horrow film. 7. Need I to help you? – No, thank you, I’ll do everything myself. 8. You need not to go there. 9. He need not to worry about her. 10. I need not to ask him: he will tell me everything himself. 11. Need we to buy so many bananas? We’ll not be able to eat them for the whole week. 12. She need not to go to the shop: I bought some cheese yesterday. 13. You need not to tell me about it twice: I understood everything. 14. Need we to go there so early? 15. You need not to call him so often. I think that he will come. 16. I need to make a telephone call. 17. Need you to worry about the man who always deceives you? 18. I don’t need your money. 19. Who needs to buy butter? – He needs to buy butter. 20. Need I to help you? – No, thanks. I’ll do everything myself.
28. 1. Вам следует знать, как вырастить детей, чтобы они не были неудачниками. 2. Вы не должны давать ребенку все, что он захочет. Вам не следует удовлетворять его каждое желание в получении еды, питья и удобств. В противном случае он вырастет с верой в то, что общество обязано содержать его. 3. Вам не следует смеяться над ребенком, когда он подхватывает плохие слова. Это заставит его подумать, что он не очень сообразительный ребенок. Это также не будет способствовать. Чтобы он схватывал «более симпатичные» фразы. 4. Вы не должны избегать употребления слова «Плохо» («Ты не прав»). Это не приучит его к мысли, что общество против него, если вдруг (позднее) он будет арестован за кражу машины. 5. Вам не следует подбирать книги, ботинки, одежду – все то, что он разбрасывает, где попало. Вы не должны делать все для него, иначе он научится перекладывать всю ответственность на других. 6. Вы не должны часто ссориться в присутствии своего ребенка. В противном случае он не будет слишком потрясен, если позже в семье будет разлад. 7. вам не следует быть на его стороне против соседей, учителей и полицейских. Они не все относятся с предубеждением к вашему ребенку. 8. Если он попадет в неприятную историю. Вы не должны оправдывать себя, говоря: «Я никогда ничего не мог сделать с ним».
29. When I was a child, I was not allowed to read late in the evening. 2. Should I apologize? 3. The train was to come at six. 4. Need she to know about it? 5. Where can we buy bread? 6. He may come tomorrow. 7. I had to leave London for two weeks earlier than I was to. 8. He will be able to meet us at the shop. 9. She could not stay there any longer. She had to go to work. 10. We may not smoke here. 11. You may not eat so many pears. You will have a stomachache. 12. What could he do? He had no choice. 13. We were not allowed to go out of the classroom during the lesson. 14. May I use your telephone? 15. He cannot play football. 16. We had to wait more than an hour. 17. You might help me now.
30. 1c, 2b, 3d, 4b, 5c, 6b
31. I told – I told
I showed – I was shown
She brought – She was brought
We asked – We were asked
We answered – We were answered
He helped – He was helped
He advised – He was advised
He forgot – He was forgotten
He remembered – He was remembered
We invited – We were invited
We corrected – We were corrected
He cured – He was cured
He called – He was called
32. I was told – I am told – I’ll be told
I was shown – I am shown – I’ll be shown
She was brought – She is brought – She will be brought
We were asked – We are asked – We’ll be asked
We were answered – We are answered – We’ll be answered
He was helped – He is helped – He’ll be helped
He was advised – He is advised – He’ll be advised
He was forgotten – He is forgotten – He’ll be forgotten
He was remembered – He is remembered – He’ll be remembered
We were invited – We are invited – We’ll be invited
He was called – He is called – He’ll be called
33. 1. is emptied 2. are postmarked 3. are sorted. 4. is loaded 5. are unloaded 6. are taken. 7. are sorted 8. are delivered.
34. 1. was emptied 2. were postmarked 3. were sorted. 4. was loaded 5. were unloaded 6. were taken. 7. were sorted 8. were delivered.
35. 1. will be emptied 2. will be postmarked 3. will be sorted. 4. will be loaded 5. will be unloaded 6. will be taken. 7. will be sorted 8. will be delivered.
36. 1. was answered 2. is played 3. are gathered 4. were burnt 5. will be finished 6. are sold 7. was founded 8. is eaten 9. was received 10. will be sent 11. was asked 12. was given 13. are built 14. will be done 15. was translated 16. were planted 17. are always played 18. will be given 19. were invited 20. is never found 21. was not built
37. I will be called tomorrow. 2. He will be answered at two. 3. I will be bought a new TV set tomorrow. 4. My friend was helped with German. 5. He has just been read the letter. 6. The new books will be bought tomorrow. 7. Kate will be asked to help. 8. Natasha has been asked to tell about her trip. 9. The doctor was asked to come at six. 10. My sister will be asked to come at six. 11. The tickets must be bought today. 12. The dictation will be written next Tuesday. 13. Our mother will be asked not to come. 14. Your mother will be given a cup of coffee. 15. She was thanked yesterday. 16. The letter is being sent now. 17. She hoped that the picture would be hung on Monday. 18. The magazines will be brought this week. 19. When will the apples been bought? 20. Where was the milk spilt? 21. Who was hit?
38. 1. I always praise my friends. 2. I am always praised at home. 3. Every Saturday father show grandfather my marks. 4. Every Saturday father is shown my marks. 5. We often remember you. 6. We are often remembered in the village. 7. I am given juice every morning. 8. Every morning I give the cat milk. 9. Every day he tells us something interesting. 10. Every day he is told something interesting. 11. I advised my friend to join a sport section. 12. I was advised to join a sport section. 13. I showed the doctor my teeth. 14. I was shown to the doctor. 15. I gave my dog a lump of sugar. 16. I was given soup for dinner. 17. Yesterday I ask the teacher to help me. 18. Yesterday I was asked to help my classmate. 19. Last summer I taught my sister to swim. 20. Last summer I was taught to swim. 21. The new skates will be bought tomorrow. 22. Mike will ask me to help him. 23. Mike will be asked to tell about his journey. 24. The doctor will ask me to open my mouth. 25. The doctor will be asked to cure me. 26. Tomorrow I’ll bring a new film. 27. Tomorrow a new film will be brought. 28. My friend will help me with Mathematics. 29. My friend will be helped with German. 30. I’ll buy some ice-cream.
39. 1d, 2n, 3i, 4o, 5h, 6m, 7l, 8k, 9j, 10b, 11e, 12a, 13g, 14f, 15c
40. The freshman was laughed at. 2. The headmistress was spoken to yesterday. 3. The babies were looked after with great care. 4. That old house was not lived in. 5. Jim was sent for and told to prepare a report on that subject. 6. Our friend was thought about all the time. 7. He will be operated on in a week. 8. The pupil’s parents were sent for. 9. The newspaper was looked for everywhere. 10. The bed was not slept in. 11. The telegram was asked for. 12. The lecturer was listened to with great attention.
41. 1. She is often sent to the post office. 2. Last year she was sent to Cambridge. 3. He will be sent to Harvard. 4. She is always sent for. 5. She was sent for yesterday. 6. I’ll be sent for tomorrow. 7. They are always invited to Ann’s birthday. 8. In summer Nick will be taken to the country. 9. This film was much spoken about. 10. We were shown many beautiful paintings at the museum. 11. This book is very often asked for.
42. 1. Irene was brought some beautiful shells from the South by her husband. 2. The newspaper reporters were given a long interview. 3. You will be taught English by Mr.Wilson. 4. I was ordered a month’s rest from studying. 5. Nick was given a book for his birthday. 6. We are told stories by our mother every evening. 7. You will be shown a new book of pictures. 8. She was shown the way. 9. We’ll be sent a box of fruit. 10. They were followed by five or six small children. 11. In summer the horses are often driven to the field. 12. The Poles were led into the thickest part of the forest. 13. The boat was carried away by the waves. 14. The translation will be done in the evening. 15. The flowers are watered regularly. 16. These books were promised me long ago.
43. 1. My watch was broken. 2. The rule was explained to the students. The students were explained the rule. 3. I am often asked to help them. 4. Written exercises are done in class. 5. A new discovery will be maid soon. 6. A report will be maid at the conference. 7. Tennis is played all year round. 8. His betrayal was never forgiven by his friends. 9. I am offered several jobs. Several jobs are offered to me. 10. Much will be promised, but don’t imagine you will be given everything. Much will be promised, but don’t imagine everything will be given to you. 11. Parcels with fruit from his parents’ garden were regularly sent to him. He was regularly sent parcels with fruit from his parents’ garden. 12. A leave in July will be given to me if there is no urgent work. I’ll be given a leave in July if there is no urgent work. 13. Three ships were offered to Columbus by the Spanish government. Columbus was offered three ships by the Spanish government. 14. Their children are usually sent to camp for summer. 15. A very important mission was charged him with. He was charged with a very important mission. 16. I’m sure the matter will be settled easily. 17. The driver was fined for exceeding the speed limit. 18. She is called by somebody every day. 19. The passengers leaving from London are requested to register. 20. Contracts will be signed by the manager tomorrow.
44. 1c, 2a, 3c, 4c, 5c, 6c, 7b, 8c, 9a, 10b, 11b, 12c, 13a, 14b, 15b
45. 1) was not discussed; had been withdrawn 2) has been sent 3) is being fixed 4) is being constructed; will be built 5) will be taken; have been spoken 6) were told; were being waited 7) can be solved 8) must be done 9) was admitted 10) are being listened to 11) has … been approved; is being discussed; has … been discussed 12) will have been settled 13) have been bought; has been postponed 14) was lent; has not been given 15) was being looked through, were being typed; were being answered; were being held 16) is being laid 17) was invented 18) may be written 19) had … been done 20) are asked
46. 1. the box must be taken to the station. 2. The river can be crossed on a raft. 3. the building of the house can be finished very soon. 4. The books must be returned the day after tomorrow. 5. Three of these exercises must be done tomorrow. 6. The book you need can be found in any library. 7. These letters must be sent at once. 8. This mistake can be easily forgiven. 9. Such berries can be found everywhere. 10. This work must be done very carefully. 11. The doctor says she must be taken to hospital. 12. The work can be done in three days. 13. All the library books must be returned before each summer vacation. 14. Even the tallest trees can be climbed by monkeys.
47. 1. Hands must be washed before each meal. 2. Rooms must be regularly aired. 3. A cat must be fed with fish. 4. A dog can be fed with meat and vegetables. 5. A child must be given fruit. 6. The books must be put into the bookcase. 7. This picture can hung over the fireplace. 8. How can this word be translated? 9. Where can the suitcases be put? 10. May the cat be left in the yard. 11. What must be paid attention to? 12. Your telephone number must be written down. 13. Your blood pressure must be checked. 14. He must be invited to my birthday party. 15. She can be offered a new job.
48. 1. was understood 2. was learnt 3. will be accepted 4. will be posted 5. is heard 6. was won 7. was settled 8. must be divided 9. will be sent 10. will be discussed 11. must be handed 12. was told 13. was published 14. was attended 15. was called 16. was introduced
49. 1. saw 2. will be received 3. will give 4. be found 5. will show 6. find 7. is divided 8. founded 9. was founded 10. call
50. 1. A lot of money was stolen from the shop. 2. By six o’clock the work had been finished. 3. At twelve o’clock the trucks were being loaded. 4. By three o’clock the trucks had been loaded. 5. Our daughter is sent to rest in the south every year. 6. This film will be shown on TV. 7. A new concert hall is being built in our street. 8. Potatoes were bought yesterday. 9. The books will be brought tomorrow. 10. The clock is being repaired now. 11. Milk is sold in this shop. 12. The whole text has been translated. 13. The window was broken last week. 14. When I came home, the sweets had been eaten. 15. The work will be done in the evening. 16. This book was written in the 19th century. 17. Tennis was being played from four till five. 18. The number of important experiments have been made in this laboratory. 19. Central Africa was explored by Livingstone in the 19th century. 20. By the middle of autumn all the trees had been planted. 21. This play will be staged at the beginning of next season. 22. The story has been forgotten. 23. Have the rules of game been explained to you? 24. My skates haven’t been brought back.
51. Правильные предложения: 2, 6.
1. Don’t bring the article today. It will be typed only tomorrow. 3. The book that was written last month is being discussed a lot. A lot of articles have been written about it. 4. When I came, an experiment was being held in the lab. 5. Do you know that this house belonged to Mr.Brown? 7. The building collapsed during the earthquake. 8. Have you seen him? Has he changed much? 9. Do you know that you are being followed? 10. I hope this journal can be found at the library.
52. 1. The wine should be opened about three hours before it is used. 2. Steps had been cut in the ice. 3. My shoes had been cleaned and my suit brushed. 4. This room is used only on special occasions. 5. Nails must not be hammered into the walls without permission. 6. In some districts pigs are used to find truffles. 7. A light was switched on and the door opened. 8. The picture had been slashed with a knife. 9. The old theatre is being pulled down. 10. Why wasn’t the roof mended before it fell in? 11. All the shop windows were broken by the mob in recent riots. 12. The librarian said that a new system was being started because books were not being returned.
53. 1. The seals are fed at the zoo twice a day. 2. Who was it written by? 3. Compare clothes washed by us with clothes washed by any other laundry. 4. He expected to be offered the job. 5. She was shown the easiest way to do it. 6. The old oak was struck by lightning. 7. It couldn’t have been painted by Titian because that kind of dress wasn’t worn till after his death. 8. She was stung by a jellyfish. 9. A special edition for children has been written by the author. 10. Sweet herbs used to be carried by judges as a protection against jail-fever. 11. What was it written with?– It was written with a matchstick dipped in blood. 12. The shot was succeeded with an easy silence.
54. 1. We have sent invitations to all the old pupils to be present at the school’s thirtieth anniversary. 2. All the passengers in the bus were listening to the story of the boy whom the driver had saved from drowning. 3. We finished the work in time. 4. She takes care of the child. 5. Every student must read this book. 6. You can see this film at our cinema. 7. Spartan parents taught their children to endure all hardships. 8. Which article did your brother translate? 9. He was teaching them drawing at that lesson. 10. He seldom mentioned this name in his novels. 11. People often tell me about it. 12. We have much spoken of this man. 13. When did you do it? 14. What museums did you visit last year? 15. Have you handed in your compositions? 16. The authorities are to introduce this speed limit gradually. 17. They are lengthening the runways at all the main airports. 18. It is now 6 a.m. and at most of the hospitals in the country nurses are wakening patients with cups of tea. 19. People say that Byron lived on vinegar and potatoes. 20. By tradition, British fishermen must offer any sturgeon that they catch to the Queen. 21. Someone has altered this notice. 22. They were towing the damaged ship into harbour when the towline broke.
Ключи к грамматическому тесту
1c, 2c, 3b, 4a, 5b, 6b, 7b, 8a, 9a, 10 d
Ключи к лексическому тесту
1c, 2b, 3a, 4a, 5a, 6b, 7c, 8d, 9a, 10b, 11a, 12b, 13c, 14b, 15c, 16c, 17b, 18b, 19a, 20a
Место дисциплины в учебном плане 3
Цели и задачи курса 3
Перечень знаний и умений 3
Список литературы 3
Тематическое содержание курса 3
Вопросы для самопроверки 4
Тренинг тесты. 4
Глава 1. Модальные глаголы 9
Страдательный залог 21
Глава 3. Путешествие 42
Глава 4. В гостинице 57
Глава 5. В ресторане 69
Ключи к упражнениям по грамматике 77
Ответы к тренинг-тесту 87
Валиахметова Эльвира Камиловна
Технический редактор: Р.С. Юмагулова
Подписано к печати 06.05.06. Формат 60х84 1/16.
Бумага писчая. Гарнитура «Таймс».
Усл. печ. л. 5,41. Уч.- изд. л. 6,25. Тираж 100 экз.
Цена свободная. Заказ № 64.
Отпечатано с готовых авторских оригиналов
на ризографе в издательском отделе
Уфимской государственной академии экономики и сервиса
450078, г. Уфа, ул. Чернышевского, 145; тел. (3472) 78-69-85.